THE FORTUNE 500'S
MOST PROFITABLE COMPANIES
SOFT DRINK COMPANIES
THE WORLD'S LEADING
Stock up on our software.
YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL TODAY.
DID OUR SOFTWARE
HELP WITH THAT?
This Fortune 500 high-tech manufacturer specializes in lighting, healthcare and consumer lifestyle products and services. Philips operates in 100 countries and generates over EUR 20 billion in revenue.
ARIS, webMethods Operational Intelligence Platform and Alfabet
To stay competitive, Philips wants to move faster. To this end, the company launched a business transformation program to build an agile and focused transformation process that helps business owners bring propositions to market faster and further improve existing business-market combinations.
Philips is transforming into a truly process-oriented company:
- Better equipped to bring innovations to the market faster
- Processes and systems are better monitored for compliance and performance
- Millions of euros saved by reducing and preventing unrewarded complexity in non-differentiating processes
- IT costs reduced substantially
- IT projects better planned
SAP PROCESSES ROLLED OUT
Volvo Trucks is a global truck manufacturer owned by AB Volvo. It is the world's second largest heavy-duty truck brand. Headquartered in Sweden, the company employs about 19,000 people and manufactures and assembles trucks in 15 countries. Volvo Trucks produces and sells 100,000+ units annually.
ARIS Business Process Analysis Platform
- Shorten lead times for implementing standard SAP processes at 100 locations
- Streamline the process setup so managers have a clear, consistent view of financial processes
- Reduce support and maintenance costs
- Shorter lead times to implement standard SAP processes
- One place to view all documentation
- Savings of 30 percent per roll-out project
- Reduced support and maintenance costs
CONSISTENT DATA ACROSS
31 COUNTRIES, 92 PROCESSES
One of the top three integrated energy companies, Chevron is engaged in every aspect of the oil, gas and geothermal energy industries, including exploration and production; refining, marketing and transport; chemicals manufacturing and sales; and power generation. The company employs more than 64,000.
webMethods Operational Intelligence Platform and webMethods OneData for Master Data Management (MDM)
Chevron wanted a centralized SAP system with standardized process and master data design as well as more value from business processes. The company also saw the need for business process intelligence as well as a governance framework to ensure high quality and management of all material master data in SAP.
- The centralized SAP system covers 31 countries, 99 percent of downstream business; 13 processes with 92 sub-processes and 558 activities; and 100 master data types with 6,000 users
- The MDM hub ensures material master data quality through a data governance framework with real-time updates
- New master data records trigger internal workflow; external workflow to be triggered in webMethods BPMS
12.7+ MILLION CITIZENS ENROLLED
HealthCare.gov is the official website of U.S. Affordable Care Act. Americans use the site to compare prices of health insurance plans, begin plan enrollment and find out if they qualify for government healthcare subsidies.
Terracotta In-Memory Data Fabric Platform, featuring BigMemory
When Healthcare.gov went live in October 2013, Software AG determined a lack of in-memory data caching was slowing website performance and recommended BigMemory. Solution goals:
- Rapidly improve website performance
- Assure a stable and scalable platform
- Increase site reliability so that no data’s lost
Now the site expands into one of the world’s largest enterprise transaction-based sites at the height of each enrollment season:
- Solution deployed fast—with just a few lines of code
- Dramatically improved reliability
- Scales easily to support hundreds of thousands concurrently
- Several enrollment seasons now completed without issue
40% FASTER PROJECTS
25% COST SAVINGS
Deutsche Bahn (DB) Netz AG maintains the infrastructure for rail operations on Europe’s largest railway network. With more than 35,000 employees, the enterprise ensures passenger and freight traffic is punctual and operations are reliable.
ARIS, webMethods and CentraSite
DB Netz AG needs to optimize and add new processes daily. IT must deliver in the shortest possible time. The IT team used a process model developed in-house but higher costs and longer projects resulted.
DB Netz AG developed an innovative IT toolbox system as part of an SOA to structure and harmonize the development of all IT applications. Using the Model-to-Execute methodology resulted in:
- Significantly less effort to describe processes
- More clearly structured and easier-to-understand project phases
- Significantly higher quality solutions
- 40 percent faster projects
- Reduced development costs by up to 25 percent
NOW EASIER TO SEE
As one of Europe’s leading providers, Hermes Fulfilment develops global full-service e-commerce solutions. Hermes Fulfilment moves more than 300 million goods annually at its four locations. Founded in 2006, the company employs more than 5,000 people.
ARIS Business Process Analysis Platform, including ARIS Connect
With four locations offering a wide array of services, each embedded in different processes, Hermes Fulfilment aimed to:
- Harmonize all heterogeneous regional processes
- Identify optimization potential
- Support sales with transparent services
With ARIS, Hermes Fulfilment’s processes are as well organized as its goods:
- Process modeling is now twice as fast
- Consistent company-wide process approach
- Quick generation of standardized quotes, thanks to transparent processes
- With processes visualized, areas for potential improvement are easier to see
300% MORE MESSAGES/SECOND
IN REAL TIME
One of the world’s leading maritime service providers, Royal Dirkzwager supplies information and communication technologies services to the maritime-logistics market. At any given time, Royal Dirkzwager provides detailed data on European ships and their positions so clients can plan activities and processes as efficiently as possible.
Apama Streaming Analytics Platform
Royal Dirkzwager’s core process is collecting, interpreting, validating and distributing information to logistics suppliers, warehousing companies, merchants and other interested parties in the shipping industry. The company wants to:
- Respond faster to client requests
- Meet a growing demand for faster, more reliable data
- Expand ship location services
By using Apama, Royal Dirkzwager offers more real-time data and quickly develops and markets new maritime logistics products. Other benefits include:
- More effective client decision-making
- Cost savings and strategic differentiation
- Ability to gather full shipping movement details and relate them to clients in real time
- Millions of dollars in savings delivered to clients from fuel cost reductions
HOW TO BE A HERO
And not just for one day
Discover the lasting benefits of our customer rewards program.More
A PERSONAL INVITATION
Get a 1-on-1 demo
See digital transformation in action in our briefing center.More
OUR WORLD: YOU
We put customers first
Software AG is passionate about your success.See what we mean
ALWAYS “ON” FOR YOU
With more than 4,300 employees and 550,000 TECHcommunity members in 70 countries, see how we are always “on” for you.More from CCO Eric Duffaut